Jessica or Jess, better known as Aphmau, is an online YouTube personality commonly known for doing Minecraft roleplays.
Aphmau is 4'10, has straight black hair and brown eyes. Her Minecraft appearance has dark amber eyes.
Aphmau had the idea to start a YouTube channel with her four friends Castor (Calvin), Dom (Jason), Satiel (Chris) and occasionally Cole from seeing YouTubers at the time making a career from commentating on them playing video games. The channel Challenge Accepted Inc. was created on August 13, 2012. Cole left first, followed by Castor and Satiel (for personal reasons) left the YouTube channel, leaving it to Jess and Dom. They renamed the channel to Aphmau Gaming. Four years after creating the channel, Aphmau Gaming has more than two million subscribers. On the channel you can find mini games and many roleplay series including Minecraft Diaries, Mod Mod World, Minecraft Kindergarten, MyStreet, Phoenix Drop High, Dreams of Estorra and Meteora Valley. Although recently, she has added a new channel called Aphmau Fantasy, where Dreams of Estorra and Minecraft Diaries were moved for future episodes.
Through out Aphmau/Jessica's roleplay: MyStreet, she shows she loves anime. She fangirls over Levi; an anime character from an anime named Attack on Titan. You can see that when Aphmau (Jess role-playing) talked to Levi posters in MyStreet, Season 1. It is also shown Jess/Aphmau cuddles up in Attack on Titan blanket in her vlogging channel.
Jessica was born in Houston, Texas on October 16, 1989 with both parents and a half-brother who was 13 years older than her, yet she always just referred to as her brother. Her parents separated a couple years after her birth because of a lot of differences. Afterwards she, her brother, and her mom went to live with her grandparents, aunt, and multiple cousins. Her brother and eventually all her cousins had gaming consoles except for her yet she was shown to be very keen to games. Her parents shared custody of her so every other week she went to go live with her father which she said was "nice because I got to get away from a hectic house every now and then." Eventually her mother moved back in with her father for a period of time. It was at this time when she got her first gaming console which was an N64, Jess remembered going to Best Buy with her parents who blindfolded her for an unknown reason only to be lead to a shelf full of N64s, at which they took off the blindfold, and she was so excited from that moment that she cried.
During elementary school Jess made many friends through her interest in video games. Yet she was also considered to be "too nice" at times with examples of her giving her lunch money to those who didn't have food. This lead to bullying that caused her to become introverted throughout elementary. During the events of 9/11, Jess' father pulled her out of school in order to be home schooled for a year during middle school.
During her transition from middle to high school Jess got into online gaming with her first online game being FreQuency for the PlayStation 2. The game that was said to change her life was Final Fantasy XI Online in 2004. In 2005, she met an in-game warrior named Dom, who's real name was Jason. Over time they began dating taking trips from Texas to New Jersey as that's where Jason lived.
When Jess turned 18, she moved out to be with Jason and got a tuxedo cat that they named Johnny. They got an apartment while Jess went to college to study business management.
In 2012, Jess found out she was pregnant the same year Jason planned to propose to her. They got married earlier than planned at Disney World. They moved from their apartment into a house they had saved up for. While waiting for the baby. Jason and Jess found themselves watching lots of YouTube and being amazed the the idea of making a career off of what you loved. As Jess had already planned to be a stay at home mom, she and Jason talked about starting a YouTube channel with her being the personality and Jason taking the technical side. In July of 2012, Jess gave birth to her son Joseph via C-section.
After getting adjusted to being parents, Jess and Jason started a YouTube channel with her high-school friends Calvin (Castor) and Chris (Satiel). But due to their own personal reasons, each had to leave the channel. They all still play games together however at times.
After running a small channel for a while Jess even tried to make an Iron & Coal server to exist along side one of her series. This server was soon closed to her having Joseph, looking after her son and working full-time on the server.
After finding out she was pregnant again, Jess gave another C-section birth in January 2014 to her daughter Julia.
Jess and her family currently live outside of Seattle, Bellevue to be exact, in Washington State. She moved there in early 2016, and she has said that they are still getting settled fully into their new house and community.
Recently, Jess has adopted a corgi puppy named Jet, continuing the J trend in their names. (Jessica, Jason, Joseph, Julia, Juju, etc.)
Jason, also known by his online alias as Dom, is Jess' husband who she has been married to for five years. They met in 2005 over Final Fantasy XI. They got married in March of 2012 at Disney World resort in Florida, and have since then had two children, Julia and Joseph. So far, they have been together for 11 years.
Joseph is the oldest of Jess and Jason's two children, and the older brother of Julia. He was born on July 12, 2012, about a month before Jess and Jason started the channel with Satiel and Castor.
Julia is the youngest of Jess and Jason's two children, and the youngest sister of Joseph. She was born on January 21, 2014, about a year and a half after Joseph was born and the channel was created.
- Everyone in the Aphmau household's name starts with J. Jessica, Jason, their two kids Joseph and Julia, Juju their pet flytrap, and their tuxedo cat Johnny. (UPDATE: Johnny is no longer there, but the J trend is continued by their new corgi, Jet.)
- Aphmau is 27 years old.
- Aphmau is only 4'10 (147 cm) in height.
- As of November 12th, 2015, Aphmau's gaming channel has reached 1,000,000 subscribers! Congrats! (Precisely: 2,735,857 (Will change))
- She has revealed in a QnA that the series Minecraft Diaries will end, but no time soon.
- She is currently working on MCD S3
- Her two favorite female characters in MCD are Katelyn and Lucinda.
- Jess really wants to join in with the Minecraft Diaries fandom but due to her being the creator, she can't risk giving out secrets (She jokingly ships Zanemau into the fandom).
- Her alias, Aphmau comes from the character Aphmau from Final Fantasy XI
- Jess' channel, as of June 27th has over 877 million views. (Precisely: 965,773,031 views (Will Change)).
- As of June/July 2016, Aphmau's gaming channel has reached 2,000,000 subscribers! Congrats!
- Jess has ended the series known as Dreams of Estorra due to the fact that it takes so long to make an episode, and most of the feedback was not positive. But we can only hope that Aphmau and her crew can somehow alter the series, and bring it back!
- DOE and Minecraft Diaries have returned on Aphmau Fantasy! Thanks to Jess and the rest of the team, we now have our beloved series back.
- Jess also had began to live stream, though she seems to have stopped as it was quite tiring.
- Jess has started Meteora Valley as her contribution to a Stardew Valley
- Jess is currently the 6th most subscribed female gamer on YouTube.
- Jessica's most popular video is "The New House", the first episode of the MyStreet Season 1
- Johnny ( The Cat ) is currently missing.
- A new corgi has been added to the family, named Jet!
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/702701736834654209
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/700962230213283840
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/700963977661018112
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/695831725654429697
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/692560212226633728
- ↑ https://twitter.com/_Aphmau_/status/746849847387394048
- ↑ https://youtu.be/m-jB9r693FU?t=519