- If you're looking for the actual school, Phoenix Drop High, click here.
|MyStreet Phoenix Drop High|
|Episode 1 Thumbnail|
March 17, 2016–present
At 1 PM PST (occasionally); every 3–5 days since March 17, 2016
15–30 minute per episode
The series takes place before the events of The Big Move and MyStreet, specifically during the high school years of the characters.
It was originally going to premiere on March 16th, 2016, but due to the episode being incomplete, Aphmau delayed the first episode one more day and uploaded a video featuring prominent MyStreet characters.
The series focuses on MyStreet characters, their history of how they met, as well as how each character came to be. The events that take place mostly connect with Season 1 and all of Season 2 of MyStreet.
The series focuses on the characters' journey through high school and their path to adulthood.
The series was going to receive a sequel as Aphmau, Dom and the production team were in favor of expanding into a second season. However, it was ultimately scrapped in favor of a new high school setting series with brand new set of characters.
Following the second season, MyStreet has been dropped from the title of the episodes.
- Layla (Principal)
- Chad (Former Principal)
- Gavin (Werewolf Teacher)
- Hyria (Witchcraft and Magicks Teacher)
- Mrs. Peacock
- Unnamed Teacher 1
- Unnamed Teacher 2
- Homeroom Teacher
- Mr. Tony
- Mr. Castor
- Art Teacher
- Ms. Shellie (Language Arts)
- Mr. Max (math)
- Hot teacher ( Aphmau's homeroom)
- Drama Teacher
- Mr. Arnold (Sports Teacher)
Here is the complete list of all of the 17 Clubs that are available at Phoenix Drop High:
- Witchcraft Club
- Magics Club
- Art Club
- Anime Club
- Science Club
- Math Club
- Theater Club
- Debate Club
- Soccer Club
- Volleyball Club
- Meif'wa Club
- Werewolf Club
- LGBT Club
- Writing Club
- Football Club
- Music Club
- Baseball Club
See main article: MyStreet Story Arcs
|Season 1||30||March 17, 2016||June 22, 2016|
|Season 2||30||February 11, 2017||June 2, 2017|
From March 17th to April 3rd, Phoenix Drop High episodes were originally released on a three-day cycle.
After "Weekend Friends!", the schedule was broken due to Minecraft Diaries taking more production than expected. The next episode took 4 days to premiere due to a new series that premiered; Minecraft FanFic Readings.
On the minigame episode "Katelyn's Boyfriend", Aphmau announced that the series and Minecraft Diaries are to follow a four-day schedule because of the upcoming gaming event PAX East 2016. However, the minigame episodes would contain lore to the series. This continued from April 3rd to May 1st.
From May 1st to June 6th, the three-day cycle returned. However, due to the premiere of MyStreet Season 2, in its place was another episode of Minecraft FanFic Readings, with the next episode of Phoenix Drop High releasing on June 10th and from there the schedule would return.
Main article: MyStreet Phoenix Drop High Season 1 Episodes
Main article: MyStreet Phoenix Drop High Season 2 Episodes
- The title "Phoenix Drop High" is a reference to Phoenix Drop in Minecraft Diaries, one of the main locations whom Aphmau was the lord of.
- Also, O'Khasis Prep is a reference to O'Khasis from Minecraft Diaries, as they were the main enemy of Phoenix Drop. In this series, O'Khasis Prep and Phoenix Drop High are rivals and this is also present in Minecraft Diaries.
- In MyStreet, it is implied multiple times that all the characters attended the same high school.
- All of the characters are given slightly higher-pitched voices to fit with their younger age. For example, Zane's voice on MyStreet is very deep, however in this series his voice is very high. However, some of the older students, such as Aaron, have not had a voice change. This is likely because these characters have hit puberty and their voices already changed.
- Aphmau's character is shorter than the average player, implying that she may have been shorter in high school. The same thing goes with the teachers.
- In the series, it is mentioned multiple times that Aphmau was taken out of public school for a year. This is loosely based off a real life occurrence when Jess had been taken out of public school by her father soon after the 9/11 terrorist attacks that took place in New York. She was homeschooled for a year before returning to public school.
- The series features a new "Leave a Like" animation with Aphmau wearing her uniform and purple cat ears. The animation was made by KamiWasa, who does graphics and animations for Aphmau. In the future, different animations will be made for each series.
- Like MyStreet, Meif'wa and Werewolves appear to be part of the norm as some students have these features (ears, tail).
- Due to the series being a prequel to MyStreet, magicks exist in this universe as well. This is proven true in "Cat Fight!" and "She-Wolf".
- The school is scheduled to be on block schedule.
- The school have a dress code where students must wear uniform.
- The school's emblem is a purple Phoenix that is facing up and a small purple droplet is seen on the side.
- The school's colors are gold and purple.
- In the Pixel Painters episode "Transfer Student", Vylad is said to be from O'Khasis Prep and is going to become a freshman soon, suggesting that he is a child prodigy. This officially becomes true in the episode "Shadow Knights Rule!".
- According to this series, the Ro'Meave brothers were born about one year apart. Garroth being a Sophomore, Zane being a Freshman and previously, Vylad being an 8th grader (currently a freshman).
- In the same episode, Garroth and Vylad hint that they used to play with an unnamed girl when they were young. The person they are describing is likely Aphmau as she was very close friends with the Ro'Meave family before she had moved. This is proven in the episode "Cool Moms", where Zane was injured in the eye, a similar event that occured during their early years, which is mentioned by Zianna.
- Currently, Aphmau is 26 years old (2016) in real life and her Phoenix Drop High counterpart is 14 years old, making a 12 year difference. The approximate timeline of the series would be around the 2004-05 school year, making her class the Class of 2008.
- Several references to known animes such as Attack on Titan and Fairy Tail are said. However, these statements contradict the timeline as both were released during the early 2010s, while it is speculated that the series took place in early 2000s.
- The series also uses technology that is far more advanced than it actually was during the timeline. For example, Aphmau is in possession of a smartphone, but smartphones were not introduced until 2007. However, these outside references and advanced technology are most likely because of a retcon. The use of a retcon is to connect with the current audience and generation through the use of known references and modern technology.
- Aaron and Aphmau's relationship is heavily focused on in the series, primarily their history. More importantly, some events from the series actually occurred in real life.
- Dom and Jess, the voice actors of Aaron and Aphmau, met online through Final Fantasy XI Online. This would then lead to a relationship blossoming. In the series, Aaron and Aphmau met online and later discover each other's true identities. In MyStreet, the two are currently in a relationship as of the finale.
- "Skipping School" was originally titled "Playing Hookie". This reason for the change is unknown, however it may be because of the terminology being outdated.