Eric (Old Friend; Boyfriend)
Ein (Tricked her into thinking he and Aphmau were dating)
Sylvanna is the mother of Aphmau.
During her high school year, she and Eric had a close bond. At the time, both harbored romantic feelings for each other. We currently know nothing more about her, except for her being Aphmau's mother.
Although not much of her early life is known though she appears to be a single parent. This is supported by the Season 3 finale of MyStreet, in which she reveals that her husband, Zack had left her.
As a single parent, she didn't have much money, not being able to take her daughter to Starlight Wonderland or even afford swimming lessons for her.
In episode 11 of Starlight, it is revealed that Sylvanna was in an unhealthy relationship with Aphmau's father, Zack. The only reason the two married was because Sylvanna was expecting Aphmau. Even before Aphmau was born, the two constantly argued and fought before finally separating. During her marriage, she felt ignored and not special which is why she's scared to enter marriage with Eric when he tried to propose to her.
In episode 34 of Starlight, it is revealed that she and Zack never actually got married, but were planning to. The reason that they didn't and split apart was because he cheated on her and had a child with another woman. However, Zack still cared for Aphmau and donated money that Sylvanna never asked for.
She can be described as an overbearing and protective mother. She cares for her daughter Aphmau deeply and supported her during her one-year absence from public school. Also, she despises when boys speak to Aphmau and vice versa. She would even go as far as evading her daughter's privacy by spying on her sleepovers and using her phone just to figure out if she's dating a boy.
Other than being a mother, she is influenced by her close friend, Zianna. The two easily get along and share a love for Beyoncé. She uses outdated slang and Beyoncé puns to the embarrassment of Aphmau. If one steals a Beyoncé pun from her, she would have a long-term hatred for that person, like Aaron.
She has a love for babies. If she sees a baby, she'll stop whatever she's doing just to play with it. Even if just moments before, she was chewing out a boy who was "alone" with her daughter. She eventually overcomes herself being distracted by cute things by "Don't Tell Mama!".
According to Zianna, she is said to be great at cooking, namely her famous quesadillas. She also has a tendency to make her dishes as spicy as possible during special occasions.
In Season 2, "A New Relationship!?", it is revealed that she and Eric are involved in a romantic relationship. In the same episode, she also expresses her wish for grandbabies, not knowing about Aaron and Aphmau dating.
In the next episode, Aphmau finally tells Sylvanna about her and Aaron dating. This doesn't erase Sylvanna's hatred towards Aaron but instead increases it.
Sylvanna is known to have an extreme hatred for Aaron due to the latter stealing a Beyoncé joke from her and catching him kissing Aphmau and breaking her window a year later; her hatred is so extreme that she compares him to the Devil. It turns out that according to the Season 3 finale of MyStreet, she was afraid that Aaron would take Aphmau away from her and is jealous about that due to her losing her Aphmau's father. She now no longer hates Aaron but hates Rachel for insulting her daughter and making her miserable by keeping Aaron away from her.
In Aphmau's Year, she is there for Aphmau while she grieves. She is a caring mother (sometimes) and will do anything for Aphmau. Because she respects Aphmau and Aaron together, she is willing to share secrets with them about relationships, like with Aaron in "You Are My Son", where she explains why she's single and is willing to harm anyone that will harm the relationship, as she threatens to attack Ein for betraying her and make Aphmau despairingly miserable during high school and at the lodge, when she heard the news about the tragic incident, before Aphmau revealed that Ein is supposedly dead from the wolves.
She has black hair and brown eyes. She wears a green long-sleeved shirt, a black belt with a gold buckle and purple skirt with black shoes.
In Season 2 and beyond, her hair is more grayish, hinting that she is getting older.
- The name Sylvanna originates from Latin, meaning "from the forest".
- In "Weekend Friends!", she said that Garroth looked awfully familiar, this is a reference to the MyStreet arc "Mama Ro'meave", where it is heavily implied that Aphmau, Garroth, and his brothers were friends when they were little.
- While initially, many people thought Sylvanna's name was spelled as "Savannah", this was proven wrong in the voice actor description.
- Even so, people still misspell her name as "Sylvana".
- She sometimes wishes that Aphmau was claustrophobic, so she wouldn't hide in closets.
- Aphmau openly admits that she thinks Sylvanna has a yelling problem.
- Her name is revealed to be Sylvanna by her close friend, Zianna.
- Like Zianna, she is also a fan of Beyoncé.
- Sylvanna and her daughter Aphmau are Hispanic, or of Hispanic descent. This is proven as they speak Spanish fluently and cook Hispanic dishes like quesadillas and salsa.
- In "A New Relationship!?," it is revealed that Eric and Sylvanna have gotten together.
- She shares many habits with her daughter, Aphmau.
- One of the most common ones is talking to an object. Aphmau with her wolf plush and Sylvanna with "Señor Ketchup".
- It seems she has a fangirl crush on Shamar Moore of Criminal Minds, shown by her flirting with the poster of him.
- She wields the mighty Chancla (Spanish for flip-flop).
- This is shown in "Kai's Crush", in which she is first seen wielding it. Since that episode, every one of Sylvanna's appearances involves her pulling out THE CHANCLA!
- This leads to a minor inconsistency, as during Love-Love Paradise and Lover's Lane, she doesn't use or even mentions the chancla, only ever being seen using it again during Episode 17 of Emerald Secret.
- Aphmau also wields a chancla, but she uses it to a lesser extent.
- Sylvanna has also used the chancla to discipline her daughter when she was under her roof. Just her whipping it or any other slipper out of nowhere causes Aphmau to scream, even during "We Laughed..." when she was an independent adult.
- Not only she uses the chancla to discipline Aphmau, Sylvanna can also pull out her chancla as a threat to almost anyone that harms Aphmau or Aaron, as shown when she barges into the lodge in episode 17 of Emerald Secret, demanding for Aphmau or else she uses the almighty chancla. She also, albeit indirectly, mentions harming Ein with her chancla for deceiving her.
- Sylvanna often jumps to conclusions and assumes that Aphmau is dating someone or doing something illegal.
- She doesn't like Aphmau dyeing her hair. She gave her the choice to not go on her date or be grounded from the internet for a month after catching her in the act.
- When she first met Ein, she was okay with him being with Aphmau, admitting that she found werewolves cute.
- Ironically, she also hated Aaron at the time, who was secretly a werewolf.
- This also led to her being easily manipulated by Ein into believing he and Aphmau were dating and grounded Aphmau for "not telling her".
- It wasn't until "I Love You Aaron" that Sylvanna figured out from Aphmau that she and Ein were never dating and that he was only using her. This instantly made her regret how she saw Ein, now hating him much as she used to hate Aaron, despite it not being known if Ein was even still alive.
- Her voice actress, Michaela Laws, is known for voicing Ayano Aishi a.k.a Yandere~Chan, the main protagonist in Yandere Simulator.
- This was used as an Easter Egg in "Travis's Queen - Murder Minecraft", in which Sylvanna calls back on her days in high school, having a senpai that other girls had a crush on. Back then, she went full yandere on the girls but eventually realized what she did was wrong and eventually confessed her love to her senpai. The whole flashback looked exactly like the game.
- She mentions her senpai again in "DO NOT LAUGH Minecraft" while making a terrible pun about pie.
- When looking for someone to voice Sylvanna, Jess found Michaela through a recommendation from Pat M. Seymore, the voice actor for Travis.
- While Aphmau was in high school, Sylvanna had no idea Aaron was FC.
- Sylvanna loves werewolves, this is constantly seen whenever she sees werewolves.
- Her character and personality was heavily inspired by Jess' real mom but never told her until she saw Jess' videos herself.
|MyStreet Phoenix Drop High S1 & S2 Characters|
|Aaron • Alex • Aphmau • Balto • Cadenza • Chad • Daniel • Dante • Dottie • Ein • Eric • Fenrir • Garroth • Garte • Gavin • Gene • Hyria • Ivy • Jeffory • Kacey • Kai • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Kim • Laurance • Layla • Lily • Lucinda • Maria • Maria(Werewolf) • Michi • Nicole • Rylan • Sasha • Sylvana • Teony • Travis • Vylad • Zane • Zenix • Zianna|
|MyStreet S2 Characters|
|Main Characters||Aaron • Aphmau • Celestia • Dante • Garroth • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Lucinda • Travis • Zane|
|Supporting Characters||Eric • Gene • Guy • Ivy • Jenna • Nate • Nicole • Sylvana • Teony|
|Minor Characters||Cadenza • Laurance • Vylad|
|MyStreet S3 Characters|
|Main Characters||Aaron • Aphmau • Dante • Garroth • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Laurance • Lucinda • Travis • Zane|
|Supporting Characters||Cadenza • Caleb • Celestia • Damien • Eli III • Eric • Gene • Kacey • Maria • Melissa • Michi • Rachel • Sasha • Sylvana • Zenix • Zianna • Guy • Nate|
|Minor Characters||• Nicole • Vylad|