Black Metal Broadsword
Zane is a main character in MyStreet. He first appeared in the episode "Love Pizza". Zane may be over dramatic or as Aphmau would say "Fat Little Nugget", but he's really just sensitive and shy and wants new friends, but is nervous and wants people to enjoy his company.
During their youth, his older brother Garroth was nothing but a jerk to Zane. During the winter in O'Khasis, both himself and Garroth were playing in the snow. Garroth tricked Zane and threw a snowball that directly hit his right eye. The snowball secretly had a rock in it, thus it caused Zane’s eye to redden and eventually go blind. He had his hair cover his right eye ever since. Garroth also once pinned Zane down, calling it jail, so he himself could get away with eating cookies before dinner.
He seems to dislike Garroth greatly, as his relation to him has caused his teachers and his classmates to expect more from a Ro'Meave family member. When he first heard of the Shadow Knights, he found the group fitting for him as he wanted to join, but he was constantly rejected. Zane was seen laughing with Balto and Gene, but was attacked because of his annoyance and constant pestering. He was also hit in the throat by a volleyball which caused his voice to instantly hit puberty.
In season 2, after Gene is gone, Zane is accepted into the Shadow Knights. Even though he's in the group, he is told to get lost and called annoying. Because of this and Zane's attempts to get Sasha and Zenix to accept them, he is kicked out. He soon decides to vandalize the cafateria to show how "hard core" the Shadow Knights are. When Aphmau, Sasha and Zenix are blamed for this, he shows the principal videos of him spray painting the walls so the others would not get credit for his work. The Shadow Knights offer to let Zane back into the group, but he declines, saying he's going to create his own gang which he later names the Jury.
It is unclear what Zane did for the next two years, but it was stated by Aphmau that he put the school through literal hell. It was also confirmed that he got some Shadow Knights to join his gang and that he would use them to beat up other students.
Zane is the leader of the neighborhood watch. He also takes a part time job working as security in the mall. In Episode 11, Zane tries to ruin Christmas because he felt left out. While he is robbing Aphmau's house, she comes downstairs and convinces him to stop with a present meant for him. In the same episode, Aphmau is seen kissing Zane on the cheek under the mistletoe (the other boys freaked out). In "Maid for the Job", Aphmau and Zane switch clothes and Garroth, Laurence, Travis, and Dante see Zane in Aphmau's purple maid outfit and Aphmau wearing his red and black clothes.
In MyStreet, Zane began as an antagonistic character, wanting to seek revenge at any given opportunity. He distanced himself from the main group and preferred to do things solo, believing that he was unwanted. Another difference between Zane from the main series and Zane from MyStreet is that Zane isn't very evil, he is nice deep, deep, deeeeeeeeep down, and actually has a heart. One main difference is that Aphmau's viewers don't want to kill Zane on MyStreet, and there is a new ship for them, called Zanemau (though Jess crack-shipped it before adding any Zanemau hints in MyStreet).It is also discovered that Zane can be sweet and nice and has a soft spot for animals, as seen when he takes Aphmau (in cat form) home in Episode 6. As the series progressed, Zane became more comfortable around Aphmau and opened up to her, even showing her his interest in My Little Horsie (a parody of My Little Pony), and hanging out occasionally. He was dragged by Aphmau to produce a play for Katelyn. His role was to act as Tybalt, but also scout for a location, later revealed to be the community theatre.
Befriending Aphmau showed him to have a kinder side, caring about Aphmau's well-being while she was nervous to participate in the play and encourage her that she would do fine. Although he turned over a new leaf, he still holds some of his sarcastic and rude side, as he showed no care about Katelyn's play, which Aphmau scolds him for. He finds it difficult to be friendly and be more social, but he strives to become a better person and expands his number of friends.
Zane is particularly in favor for Aphmau and Aaron to be in a relationship shown in the Valentine's Day arc. He showed respect to Aaron, who he finds easier to communicate with and prefers his docile and calm attitude to that of loud and boisterous Garroth and Laurance.
It has been proven for Zane to have slight feelings for Aphmau, and he discovers this in "Aphmau In Love". He continues being her loyal friend, denying his feelings until Aaron asks him. Zane respects Aphmau and Aaron's relationship, but he still is very close at heart to Aphmau.
Zane makes an appearance in Pixel Painters alongside Aphmau and his older brother, Garroth. He claims to be a better artist than Garroth. The first round is to draw something related to maids, which is very ironic considering Zane dressed up as a maid to protect Aphmau in MyStreet. So, he draws himself, Aphmau jokingly asking if he purposely drew his own bottom big. The second round is "Your Crush". Zane probably thinks of this as, "Crush-ing", so he draws himself breaking a red boat with "Aarmau" written in it. Garroth agrees with the photo's meaning, (Chances are he voted on it too), and it ends with Zane being chased by Garroth for a hug!
The second time Zane appears in Pixel Painters is also with Garroth and Aphmau. As he and Aphmau continue to cover Zane's love for ponies, it is Aphmau who admits to watching the colorful ponies, as Zane still continues to hide his love. The first thing they draw is horses. Zane draws a red-eyed Pinky Cake (a parody of Pinkie Pie), and manically laughs a lot. Then, the second round is kissing, in which he draws the Zanemau kiss under the mistletoe, getting him second place right behind Aphmau. At the end, Zane teases Garroth about the Garrance moment at the play, and then makes a joke stating: "I still beat you even though I got second place, so you can kiss my butt. Oh wait! You might actually do that!" This result in him laughing, as Garroth chases him once more.
In Love~Love Paradise when Zane arrives at the pier he recognizes the building as 'the legendary Love~Love Paradise!' which he recognizes from being advertised on his 'My Little Pony' show which Garroth teases him for. As Zane continues his beach vacation he makes it very obvious the sun hated him which explains his pale skin. At the beach he discovers Aphmau can't swim and starts mocking her but Aphmau tries to catch him out by asking what his favorite feature is about the beach. Don't forget in the middle of the season, he meets Kawaii~Chan who may have become friends or something more to him.
After thanking his mom for helping everyone on the original MyStreet aside from Vylad find houses, he walks off, saying he's going to find a house alone. After looking around, Zane tells Garroth that he needs to live with him because he doesn't have enough money saved to live on his own. Garroth happily accepts, despite Laurance's protests. He then, along with the others, goes to Aphmau's to eat sandwiches.
In the beginning of episode two he is seen with Garroth and Laurence, wearing a "She's my Best Friend!" shirt with a picture of Aphmau on the front that she made for him. Zane then complains about the mess in the house, even though they were only there for a day. They then agree to go furniture shopping. He goes over the Aphmau and Aaron's house to find a place to buy furniture. They go to Ikea, where Aphmau gets easily lost. Garroth and Laurence get quickly distracted before Zane says that they should find Aphmau and asks Aaron what they came there for. They find Aphmau sleeping on a bed, before Aphmau and Zane get excited over Halloween decorations.
From Episode 5 and on, Zane showed some affection with Kawaii~chan. As you can see him blushing at Kawaii~chan from time to time and gets a little jealous when Damien is around her.
in episode 19 Zane calls Aphmau because he wants to see whats she's up to when he realizes that she sounds off. When she says she's sick Zane immediately overreacts and runs straight to her house to see what he can do for her. He runs out of her house to get soup at the supermarket and returns at the end of the episode with the soup but catches Aphmau's cold and is last seen in that episode at his house with Gene, Garroth, and Laurance.
He is first seen in this season in Episode 1 with Aphmau, asking her to take his sweatshirt and states that he his happy for Garroth to be gone since he is getting tired of his exercises. Just after, the door bell rings and he his thought to be Aaron by the Phoenix brothers, and he gets informed of the dangers of the place.
In episode 2, he was talking with Aphmau trying to calm her down, she was worried about Aaron and the others at the "mansion", Zane imagined what he would do if Garroth was in danger (explosion of the boiler), he imagines that he would be laughing out loud and actually does so in front of Aphmau, but he tells her that he is actually concerned a little bit about his older brother, both decides to go for the "mansion". Since none of them know where the mansion is, Zane has the idea to call his mother and ask for it. Later they walk to his parents house, his father answers the door and confuses Aphmau for Zane stating that he look pretty, Zane tells him his plan, Garte imagines that Zane will destroy the "mansion" and tells him that Garroth got this, although Zane asks for his mom, Zianna comes out and does the same mistake at confusing Zane with Aphmau and states that he look really cute today, he then ask for the keys of the car and they both get on track for the property.
In episode 3 Aphmau and Zane finally arrived to the "mansion", Zane jumps in before Lucinda and Aaron came out to welcome them and runs strait for the bathroom, he entered what he thought to be the bathroom, but discovers fairly quickly that it's a normal room, at that moment the door closes behind him, he finds Kim acting weird as she was love talking to Zane, Kim corners him and expresses her feeling of love for Zane. Kim faints after asking him to kiss her and Zane runs again for the bathroom.
Zane has black hair with bangs that cover one eye. He is said to wear a man bun according to Aphmau in Season 1. He has pale skin with freckles (though they are almost always covered by his face mask) and light blue eyes, one of them being blind (the eye being covered by bangs).
In the MyStreet, Zane wears a gray hoodie with darker gray and black stripes, light gray pants and black shoes. When he had a side job delivering packages, he wore a red short sleeved shirt rimmed with black pants and dark gray and white shoes.
He mainly wears clothing that are black, gray, white and during his younger years, light blue with his signature hoodie. He rarely adds a bright color into his clothing, however he is seen with faded purple occasionally.
Zane's outfit has only changed slightly over a long time of his time in MyStreet, but the major change is of course when he has received his swim wear when arrives in Love~Love Paradise. His swim wear is similar to his casual MyStreet wear however he is wearing grey swim trunks and the usual hoodie. Zane is given pink rainbow like trunks for the 'incident' which occurred during "Zane's Pants", he says he is embarrassed to wear them, but admits he likes them.
At the beginning of MyStreet Season 3, Zane's outfit changed again. He was given a black and white scarf and a gray and black sweater with a cross like design. He still wears his usual mask, light gray pants and black shoes.
As a werewolf, he has dark blue ears with a light blue color in the interior. His tail is dark at the top but lighter at the tip.
As Zanna, she has longs bangs and black hair that reaches to her waist. She wears a black and white striped off-shoulder one piece, a light gray skirt and knee-high boots.
As a CatHe is gray with dark black hair draped over his right side. He also has a striped black and white mask.
In the MyStreet series, he is still bossy and mean, however he can sometimes be sweet and has become good friends with Aphmau. He comes off as rude, however he has a soft spot for ponies. In MyStreet, he comes off more tame as opposed to his personality in Diaries. He is also very protective and supportive of Aphmau, seeing her as his only friend. Regardless, he's a soft, sensitive marshmallow. Recently, he has gained a liking towards Kawaii~Chan, even sneaking her into Starlight Wonderland. She even trusts him enough to tell him her backstory.
His soft side even affects Garroth, after the events at the lodge. Originally, Zane would be embarrassed by how Garroth calls him his "baby brother" and treats him like a baby, but after Zane was kidnapped and brainwashed at the hands of Ein and was freed from his control, he and Garroth had a brotherly reunion where Zane ask Garroth to forgive him for all of the evil he has done and during Aphmau's Year, he and Garroth soon became friendly with each other.
Zane gets easily flustered when it comes to romance. Due to claiming to be antisocial, he gets extremely embarrassed when he gets into romance like when he kissed Kawaii~Chan at the haunted house. He starts to yell and panic and begs for Aphmau and Aaron's help for romance guidance.
|Kawaii~Chan trying to feed Zane, S2 Ep.11|
|Kawaii~Chan catches Zane and forces him to the slides, S2 Ep.11|
|Aphmau and Zane, S2 Ep.19|
Zane - The darkness that feeds my soul has no need for your pitiable sleep.
Aphmau - Well, tough...
|Baby Zane to Aphmau, S3 Ep.4|
Aphmau -- Alright Zuzu, I think its time for a nap!
Zane - Yes Mommy...
|Sleepy Baby Zane to Aphmau, S3 Ep.4|
Fangirl -- Can I get your picture, and possibly your ring size!
Zane - No, no, no, stay away from me!
|Fangirls to Zane, A-Con Part 1|
~Kim corners Zane, Zane blushes~
|Zane and Kim (under possession) - S4 Ep3|
|Aphmau, Zane and Lucinda, S4 Ep8|
|Zane, Garroth, Lucinda and Kim, S4 Ep9|
|Aphmau telling Kawaii~Chan and Zane to kiss, Minigame Never Have I Ever "Dreaming"|
- This version of Zane may possibly be a foreshadowing for the Diaries version of Zane, as he returns in Diaries Season 3 Episode 1.
- This may be unlikely, based on Aphmau's reaction to him returning in the Diaries Season 3 Premiere.
- Zane, Aphmau, Travis, Nicole and Kawaii~Chan are the same age. This is proven in the prequel series MyStreet Phoenix Drop High.
- Zane is blind at the right eye.
- Confirmed afterwards to be due to the snowball Garroth threw at his right eye when they were kids.
- Aphmau gave a present to Zane in Episode 11 of Minecraft MyStreet, which was a drawing as her as a cat and Zane next to her.
- Aphmau gave Zane a kiss on the cheek in the same episode.
- According to Pixel Painters, Zane's favorite sweets are cupcakes, which is also Aphmau's.
- Zane genderbent name Zanna, is similar to his mother's name, Zianna.
- Zane currently has the 2nd most outfits in the series. He is topped by Aphmau, his best friend.
- According to the episode of "Prop Hunt" titled "Vylad's House", Zane is asthmatic and needs to use an inhaler. This may be a reason as to why he is reluctant to participate in sports, as he doesn't like to do a lot of running because he needs to use an inhaler when out of breath.
- He doesn't like for people to know that he has asthma, as he seemed very embarrassed when Garroth mentioned it.
- As a little child, Zane was a big crybaby.
- According to the episode of "Prop Hunt" titled "Katelyn's Best Man", Zane gifted Aphmau a demon pony which attacked Katelyn. Jeffory commented that it seemed like the kind of gift Zane would give.
- In the first episode of Mystreet Season 2 "Love~love Paradise", Zane seems to be getting closer to Garroth as they are seen talking to each other.
- Their relationship becomes even stronger after Emerald Secret, when Zane expresses his anger of being in Garroth's shadow.
- Zane occasionally shops at Hot Topic.
- Zane, alongside Lucinda and Katelyn, are the only characters who are seen with their weapon of choice.
- His favorite character in Undertale is Flowey. He shares this with Vylad.
- Zane reveals that he likes his baked potato with barbecue pork. He named this creation "Porktato".
- His favorite Pokémon is Rapidash.
- In Love~Love Paradise, Zane's mask is taken off by Aphmau to avoid Katelyn's virus. Without his mask, Zane has marks on his face. These were revealed to be freckles in a guess who episode called "A Zane~y Game!". Zane's reason for hiding them is because he thinks they look stupid.
- According to Garroth, Zane can't keep a job for over a week.
- Zane can do a very good Markiplier impression.
- Zane is sort of Aphmaus "dad friend". This is shown at the end of the episode "Valentine's Disaster", when Zane comes out of Aphmau house wearing a fake mustache and berating Aphmau for "being out past curfew" and in general being a dad. Also, in the episode "Cooking Competition!", where Zane pulls out his 'buisness card', which states that he is Aphmau's dad friend and will fight you.
- His favorite character from My Little Horsie is Pinkie Cake.
- Zane and Garroth bonded a lot in Emerald Secret, with Zane even willingly hugging Garroth.
- Zane burns easily.
- He owns a magenta pajama shirt that has Aphmau's face on it and it says "SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND!".
- Zane is easily annoyed.
- His trunks fell off at Love~Love Paradise once, revealing a leaf from Animal Crossing.
- He idolized Gene and the Shadow Knights back in high school.
- His voice changed from squeaky, high-pitched and annoying to his current voice in high school when Katelyn hit him with a volleyball.
- He hates living in Garroth's shadow.
- It is stated in both MCD and MyStreet that Zane acts like Vylad doesn't exist.
- Zane is allergic to sea bunnies
- At the time, Zane is the only character that knows Kawaii~Chan's real name.
- In Mystreet: Starlight Episode 15 Zane and Kawaii~Chan kiss in the haunted house, In the same episode Kawaii~Chan confesses to him.
- Kawaii~Chan is the first person to confess to him.
- It is shown that Zane has low self esteem, considering himself ugly as seen in Mystreet: Starlight Episode 32.
- When it was pointed out that Zane’s scarf was staggering with the recent change to hair, Jason decided to fix this while also giving Zane feminine breasts.
|MyStreet Phoenix Drop High S1 & S2 Characters|
|Aaron • Alex • Aphmau • Balto • Cadenza • Chad • Daniel • Dante • Dottie • Ein • Eric • Fenrir • Garroth • Garte • Gavin • Gene • Hyria • Ivy • Jeffory • Kacey • Kai • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Kim • Laurance • Layla • Lily • Lucinda • Maria • Maria(Werewolf) • Michi • Nicole • Rylan • Sasha • Sylvana • Teony • Travis • Vylad • Zane • Zenix • Zianna|
|MyStreet S1 Characters|
|Main Characters|| Aaron • Aphmau • Cadenza • Dante • Garroth • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Laurance • |
Lucinda • Nicole • Travis • Vylad • Zane
|Supporting Characters|| Abby • Brendan • Celestia • Emmalyn • Jeffory |
• Kenmur • Marsh • McCloud • Michi • Reese • Zianna
|Minor Characters||Alexander • Castor• Jasper • Krystal • Kunzite • Megan • Mr. Manly • Pyre • Urla|
|MyStreet S2 Characters|
|Main Characters||Aaron • Aphmau • Celestia • Dante • Garroth • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Lucinda • Travis • Zane|
|Supporting Characters||Eric • Gene • Guy • Ivy • Jenna • Nate • Nicole • Sylvana • Teony|
|Minor Characters||Cadenza • Laurance • Vylad|
|MyStreet S3 Characters|
|Main Characters||Aaron • Aphmau • Dante • Garroth • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Laurance • Lucinda • Travis • Zane|
|Supporting Characters||Cadenza • Caleb • Celestia • Damien • Eli III • Eric • Gene • Kacey • Maria • Melissa • Michi • Rachel • Sasha • Sylvana • Zenix • Zianna • Guy • Nate|
|Minor Characters||• Nicole • Vylad|
|MyStreet S4 Characters|
|Main Characters||Aaron • Aphmau • Garroth • Lucinda • Zane • Kim • Ein • Tatiana • The Ghost|
|Supporting Characters||Celestia • Eli III • Garte • Levin • Liochant • Malachi • Michi • Zianna • Derek • Sylvana • Rachel|
|Minor Characters||Celestia • Dante • Eli III • Katelyn • Kawaii~Chan • Laurance • Melissa • Travis • Nicole • Cadenza • Vylad|